Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Woooo!

I didn't realize just how much caffeine I'd had with dinner until I realized I was talking very excitedly about nooks and crannies.  I was debating which were better with JD, and feeling very happy.  And maybe my voice was getting a little loud.  It's just not normal to get that worked up about English muffins.  I put down my glass of diet Coke.  The accommodating waitstaff at Chanan's had been refilling it frequently.  Your guess is as good as mine as to how much soda I had. 

Probably it could be calibrated on the strength of my urge to shout "Woooo!"

People like me probably shouldn't have caffeine after breakfast.

Still on my high, I came home and sorted out my next three weeks worth of vitamins, ordered stuff I was low on, and did some more kitchen organization.  I had some kind of weird post-eight-minutes-of-jogging high last night, and I measured the kitchen.  First I determined that we actually have an above average amount of counter space.  He Who Does All The Cooking feels like we have no space at all.  In fact, we have an average if not bounteous amount of space.  It was just all covered in.. stuff.  Things.  Things which we like and want to have around.  But things which perhaps I could relocate a little farther from the food prep surfaces.

So I measured, then I took inventory.  And I prioritized.  I was like a redheaded Martha Stewart with the organizing and the thinking.  I tossed my beat up old breadbox, stowed this, reorganized the other.. and the counters are more clear.  Or will be until the next time JD does something in the kitchen.

Caffeine.  It lurks, silently.

No comments:

Post a Comment