Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Like a bird. A big, blue bird.

This morning was the first time since last winter that the air had a damp bite to it. It felt like icy kittens licking my forehead. Just a taste of things to come.

Today kind of started out like the last two days, but then something astounding happened.  Something went right!  A longtime VMS guy at work had a vtterm that he's letting me borrow.  Finally, I have some insight into what the machines were doing!  A huge weight lifted off my shoulders.  I didn't even realize how much it had been bothering me.  I mean, I knew I was stressed, but I didn't know why.  There are *lots* of reasons I could be stressed out right now.

And stress was the major reason I was thrilled to jog this evening.  My stress release options aren't that great at the moment.  So it falls to exercise to keep me going.  I felt so good jogging.  Going downhill I felt like a bird on the wind.  Passersby saw a middle aged sysadmin jiggling down the street, but in my head I flew triumphantly down that sidewalk.  It was *GREAT*.  At the end when it was time to walk home, I decided to jog up the hill first.  I've only jogged down it so far and I was curious if it would feel awful.  But it didn't.  It felt pretty good.

After that I was off to yoga, another great stress reliever.  And in fact I feel pretty mellow now.  The two Hershey's kisses I had when I got home didn't hurt.  :)

One of the things the naturopath has me doing is keeping a lifestyle journal for two weeks.  I have to note down the date and time of every thing I ingest and excrete, my feelings, and all my major activities.  I've never done that before.  Writing down every time I go to the bathroom has made me realize just how often I pee.  I pee a lot,  yall.  I feel like my lifestyle journal is judging my peeing frequency.  Now I resent my journal for judging me.  Damn you, Xerox copy!  You have no right to point fingers.

1 comment:

  1. Mine probably would say something similar about my frequency of restroom visits, but it'd also note the insane amount of liquid I drink, so it works out.

    ReplyDelete