Saturday, October 2, 2010

Life is beautiful today

I went to sleep early last night.  Now that I geez, going to bed early feels so decadent.  It's amazing the changes that happen.  Twenty years ago, going to bed early would have been a punishment.  But I was happy to crawl into bed beside JD, read until I was sleepy, and cuddle up with my feet tucked under a dog.

As a consequence (or result, if you want to be all positive about it) I woke up at my regular time feeling supremely well rested.  (Can't speak for the dog.)  Well rested, but not alert.  I stumbled around putting clothes on, and as my mind rested lightly on a variety of topics, it suddenly hit upon breakfast.  And I remembered that I had bought cinnamon rolls to bake.  Alertness flooded in.  Delicious cinnamon rolls!  I am food motivated.

JD was still sleeping the sleep of the large and immobile as I descended to the first floor.  All the animals were delighted to see me.  They are also food motivated.  Old Man actually ate some food.  Beauty cleaned the bowl and then ate her own food.  I got the oven going to make the rolls.  I'm sure I would have been less excited about the rolls if they involved more effort than exploding a cardboard tube, but my day was made by that doughy "pop".

While the rolls were baking I got a call from Liza.  I'm not a phone person usually but it was a delight to talk to her unexpectedly in the morning.  And then I got texts from Delee.  Combined with the cinnamon buns, this created a morning full of love.  And then JD walked downstairs and my heart overflowed.

2 comments: