Thursday, October 7, 2010

Unfortunately, I had to go outside

Pluto was due to get his feet trimmed today.  I was sadly forced to leave work during the middle of a perfectly gorgeous day and go stand outside and chat with Bonnie and our substitute farrier.  It was quite a strain on me.  Us computer nerds aren't very familiar with sunshine or fresh air.  I may have to spend some time recuperating.  Possibly with chocolate.

I hadn't planned on riding because I have an owie on my leg, right about where the stirrup leather hits.  It was just as well.  Strange things were afoot at the Circle K.  There were approximately one million gnats hanging out in a large cloud between Pluto's field and the barn.  They drifted with the wind.  Since it was gusty,  I never knew when I was about to inhale gnats.  They were in my hair, my nose, Pluto's mane and crawling on my skin. It was beyond gross.

Gusty is a whole other problem when you're riding a horse with any Arab in them. I value my skull, so I try not to ride on gusty days.  Even Steady Eddy type horses find the wind disquieting.  And Pluto has never been an Eddy.  (Eddy is, in fact, my car.  He doesn't mind the wind.)

I hope my owie settles down quickly, because we have a three day weekend coming up (woo!) and it would be nice to ride a couple of times.  And go hike around the park.  And cement some bricks.  And maybe run a little.

Gosh, I'm tired just writing that.  Maybe I should consider napping instead.

You would choose napping over me?  I shall snub you.

2 comments:

  1. 1. It took me a moment to figure out that that's a Pluto and a roof, and not a picture of an inexplicably Obamaless unicorn.

    2. A DVD that I added to my queue many moons ago in a fit of nostalgia and then forgot about showed up yesterday from Netflix, and so last night I re-watched Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure. So if by strange things you mean odd coincidences, then yes, strange things are in fact afoot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the second time somebody has seen Pluto as a unicorn. Weird.

    ReplyDelete