Friday, October 15, 2010

Is it still mail if it never actually went anywhere?

14 hours of sleep.  Is what I did.  Last night.

Um.

Yeah, Internet, I'm not firing on all cylinders.  Hitting all the fish in my barrel.  Lining my monkeys up in a row.  Is what I'm not doing. 

You never feel like this, do you Internet?  I get the feeling you're all bopping along, staying up until 3 playing WoW, and then going in to work at 6 on two solid hours of sleep.  And you feel great.  I don't know how you do it.

I know that I keep going on about this cold, but the thing is that the cold itself keeps going on.  I don't have anything else to talk about.  Because I was unconscious for 14 hours.  Nothing happened!  I barely rolled over.  At some point I think my husband got into the bed, and I'm pretty sure he kissed me (he's a brave man) but that's it. 

I made the game time decision (look, a sports metaphor!  I think.  I don't actually know any sports.) to stay home today, on account of I didn't feel rested after my 14 hours of slumber.  I've found it difficult to get much actual work done.  This is primarily because my computer lied to me.  I sent out 14 (there's that number again!) emails over the last two days.  At least, I thought I did.  Turns out the computer was lying about the sending part.  It was saving all my emails up until a later date, presumably when the timing would be more auspicious for email sending.

My computer totally digs the Chinese luck thing.

Unfortunately  my snot prevented me from noticing the ever increasing stack of emails in the outbox, until somebody sent a followup email which made it clear they hadn't received something I sent.  Which I clearly sent, because I hit the "send" button and the window went away.  Which means it sent, right?

Not so much, as it turns out.

Anyway, I made some changes which may or  may not have fixed my problem.  I guess I'll find out in a couple of days when the stack of mail falls over inside my computer again.  Lunch is sort of overish, so I might as well try working again.

No comments:

Post a Comment