Friday, October 15, 2010

The dumb. I has it.

Internet, you may not know this about me.  But I am usually considered fairly bright.  By other people than my mom, even.  This week is an exception to the smart rule.  I am so dumb I can't work the scanner on our new printer.  There's the already mentioned not being able to focus long enough to drive safely.  There's the fourteen stalled outgoing emails on my computer that I noticed today.  (And I had wondered why nobody was responding.  )  There's the part where I'm afraid to touch the computer because I might accidentally blow something up.  The boss hates it when I explode the hardware.

So, Internet, you almost got to see pictures of me from the eighties.  Pictures from when I was cool.  Because almost everybody is cooler as a teenager than as a grownup.  This doesn't apply to dorks, of course.  They're cooler after they grow up.  I was a nerd, not a dork, so I was cooler back then.

Possibly my husband is still smart, in which case you might get pictures later.

In apology I offer pictures from when I was at least cute, if not cool.  It was hard to be cute in the seventies due to the extreme fashion disability we all suffered back then, so cut me some slack.

I was a punk rock kid.  My brother looks way too eager about something.  Maybe he is going to hop like a bunny?

Not as cute, but this is my outfit for work now.

Not cute at all.  Right after this I started barfing pea soup while my head spun around.

Wink wink, Internets.

No comments:

Post a Comment