Sunday, October 24, 2010

A theoretical perfect day

This has to be the most uninspired Sunday of my adult life.  I did a Vitamin C flush this morning* and the rest of the day is laundry.  That's it.  I am once again a videogame widow** so although I have a husband in the house I'm not actually talking to him.  I put on socks but that's as far as the wardrobe got. The rest of me is covered with a robe.  I am totally unprepared for a Zombie Apocalypse.  I might get radical and put some pants on, then go crazy and read a book.

Oh.  Also?  I have Albert Einstein's hairdo today.

I was thinking, what would my perfect day be today? 

Wake up rested at a normal morning time.  Say, seven or eight.  Have a delicious breakfast.  For the sake of argument, let's say it involves hash browns, bacon, and eggs.  Head out to the local park and hike or jog around.  Feel fantastic, not draggy.  Eat lunch at a diner or Chinese buffet.  Still feel energetic.  Change into riding clothes, and have a wonderful ride on the horse.  Come home, still feel great.  Corral husband for afternoon delight.  Make a nice dinner at home.  (This time of year I'm thinking chili.  My way.)  Watch a little tv, then fall exhausted into bed at around 9.

I know.  My perfect day isn't that exciting.  But it's all achievable!  Except for the having lots of energy part.  Hiking and riding in the same day tends to wipe me out.  You never know, though.  I've done both in one day before.  That definitely leads to "fall into bed exhausted" in the evening.

I ponder what your perfect day might involve.  Shopping?  24 hours of video games?  Babylon 5 marathon? A case of beer?  Feel free to tell me.  I've forgotten what people do who don't hike or ride.

*If you know that what is, you can sympathize.  If you don't know, I don't recommend looking it up.  You can live happily without this knowledge.

**Fallout New Vegas

No comments:

Post a Comment