Monday, October 25, 2010

Man it's pretty out

I may have driven distracted today.  The leaves were just spectacular when I was driving home.  Fortunately nothing bad happened while I was gawking.

Today had many goods and many bads.  Not really good or really bad.  Just middlin'.

Bad:  Had to get up at the ass-crack of dawn.
Good:  Saw JD in the morning.  Got to see the moon.* 
Bad:  Boring technical conference.
Good:  Tasty scones, saw Carolyn, FANTASTIC cafeteria, afternoon instructor was (can't find superlative good enough)
Bad:  Long drive home in traffic.
Good:  Got to go for a jog after all
Bad:  15 minutes of jogging = way harder than 50 minutes of jogging on Saturday
Good:  Got to chat with Shirley and Scott, JD made delicious shrimp dish for dinner

So I'd say today averages out on the good side.  Seriously, the guy who did two of the talks today was good.  Joe McCray.  He goes to conferences all over, apparently, so see him if you get the chance.  He kinda reminded me of V.

The conference is being held on the NIST campus.  It's really nice.  I had no idea.  Deer were grazing all over when I drove in before dawn.  It has gorgeous trees**, nice and well laid out walkways, the best cafeteria I've ever seen***.. it's just a really nice facility. 

My second talk got canceled so I did a little people watching.  The women were wobbling around in these heels (stiletto?  I don't know.  I'm a terrible female.)  I was thinking they were nuts and they were going to hurt their ankles.  Then in the next talk, some of the few females attending were there.  I checked out their shoes.  No stilettos.  Nerd women are smart.****

*This moon, right here.
**OMG I KNOW!  Pretty right?
***HOLY CRAP they had fresh mango.

****See?  Sensible.


Somebody added snowflake icicle Xmas lights to the auditorium.

1 comment:

  1. If you tire of the cafeteria, Dogfish Head Alehouse is just outside the main gate...

    ReplyDelete