Thursday, October 28, 2010

Pants? Check.

I checked VERY CLOSELY to make sure my pants were on right today.*  Didn't check my shoes too carefully, which was dumb because I've left the house with those mismatched too.  But luckily I have the right ones on.  I mean a left and a right.  You know what I mean.

Giving up coffee has not helped me, sartorially.  Maybe the Fashion Police will give me a coffee deprivation waiver.

It looks like I'm going to have some backpacking time in mid-November.**  Assuming the weather isn't super-crappy, that is.  If it's snowing or raining sideways, I'm staying home.  However, now I have an important decision to make:  Where to go?  I want to stick pretty close to home so we can spend more time hiking than driving.  And I don't want to have to buy new maps.  I'm thinking maybe start in Maryland and go southbound for a while.  Or check out Shenandoah again.  It's been a while since I did the trail there.

Guess I should haul all that camping gear back out.  And Febreze it.  Whoa Nellie, you do NOT want to come up on unFebrezed thruhiking gear without warning.

I'm off of running for a little bit.  My knees are starting to protest.  The naturopath suggested lower impact exercise for the nonce, since I'm not taking joint supplements.  And my knees totally agree with her.  So I need to make time for more walking, but so far that is not happening.   I get up, I go to work, I run as fast as I can in the hamster wheel until past the time when I should have left, and then I drag home.   I'm going to have to set an alarm on my watch to make me go outside.  Otherwise I will only take breaks to breathe, pee, and gulp down food.  Normally it isn't a big deal to find some time for a walk, but work really isn't normal right now.  I'm looking forward to next year, when things theoretically settle down.***

Because I'm an optimist.  Is what I am.

*Unlike yesterday.
**And a hiking partner!
***Shortly after heck freezes over.

1 comment:

  1. If you have ripped, stained, and holey clothes, throw them away. Wish I'd done that for my exwife. Alas, no.

    ReplyDelete