Sunday, December 26, 2010

Twilight turned me into a pedophile

Oh it was nice to spend a quiet day today.  After visiting our beloved families all week, JD and I wanted a day of nothing much.

The dog woke us up.  I kept shushing her, but eventually I pried my eyes open to peer at the clock and it was 9:30!  Whoopsie!  Felt much earlier.  But Delee was coming over for breakfast so I needed to get my behind out of bed.  JD had a plan to make stuffed french toast.  He faked it, but it was pretty good anyway.  For the record, I preferred the jam to the nutella.

We opened the rest of our Christmas presents, and then I'm not really sure what happened but now it's bedtime and I have to work tomorrow.  Wah!  I'm all used to not working now.  Can't we just say it's been a good couple of decades and call it a day? 

I guess not if I want to, like, eat and have shelter and healthcare.  Sigh.

It'll be good to get back to work.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Oh, I know how part of the day passed.  It started snowing and I decided it was chili weather so I started a big old pot of chili.  It's made of miscellaneous stuff we had in the house, including a package of venison I didn't even know was in the freezer.  Bambi smells delicious, for the record.  I wasn't hungry this evening so I haven't tasted it yet.

While the chili was bubbling away I watched the Twilight Saga:  Eclipse.  Delee gave it to me for Christmas.  I hadn't seen it when it was in the theatre, so I was pretty excited to see it.  I can't wait for the last movie to come out.  I'm solidly on Team Jacob.  It makes me feel like a horrible perv because he's so young, but I can't help it.  The boy is hot.  Nevertheless I'm curious to see how they'll handle the Bella/Edward honeymoon and pregnancy scenes in Breaking Dawn.  The whole thing is kind of freaky with the superman scenario of "I can't have sex or I'll break somebody's pelvis" going on.  Superbaby pregnancy is apparently a real trial, as well.

After the movie I went back to the dvd menu and found the commentary track, and immediately started watching it again.  So far there is a lot of Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson giggling.  Kristen has more interesting things to say than I expected, though.  And Robert does some funny accents.  I stopped the movie when I realized it was pretty much bedtime (already!) but I bet I resume it tomorrow.  And then I might watch the OTHER commentary.  Hee.  Ah, love me some Twilight.

No comments:

Post a Comment