Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Back off, Blue Guy

I am being tormented by the smells of something delicious cooking.  And the sad thing is, I'm pretty sure it smells better than it tastes.  Because I have never tasted anything that tastes as good as this smells.  Like coffee.  Coffee smells *fantastic*.  But the only way coffee really tastes good is if you adulterate it with sweetness and creamy flavors.

And who is tormenting me thus?  My husband.  [1]  He keeps baking.  So not only is he tormenting me, he's making me fat.  If he had not been pursuing this course for several years now, I would suspect him of fattening me up for something.  Such as cannibalism.  But so far, he has not eaten any of my parts in any digestible way, so that must not be it.

Not that I'm complaining [2] but if you thought it was hard getting through *your* holiday season without putting on any weight, you have no idea what you're talking about.  Because you don't live with HWDATC.[3]  He is nonstop with the yummy food.  That's year round, but when it gets cold out he takes it up a notch.  And he starts baking.  If you can resist this, you are stronger than me.  I have good intentions, but round about cookie variation five, I cave in.  And then I elbow the Cookie Monster off the pile and they are MINE!  MINE I TELL YOU!

Anyway, it smells good in here tonight.

[1] You always hurt the ones you love.

[2] I am totally complaining.  But with love.

[3] He Who Does All The Cooking[4]

[4] Except when I cook.

1 comment: