Tuesday, October 18, 2011

What you really have to watch out for is when I *stop* yelling

I'm a mess today.  I don't know what's wrong with me.  I had my fourth migraine in five days.  I'm totally emotionally off kilter.  I was so furious today that I knew if I tried to talk I would start crying.  (If you're not an angry cryer, you can not imagine how frustrating this is.  And how much angrier it makes me.)  I picked up my stuff and drove home.  Didn't say a word to anybody.  Later I emailed them that I would be telecommuting the rest of the day, which I did.  Of course, the machine I was working on got weird and refused to come back up when I rebooted it.  This did not improve my mood.

First person to ask if I'm pregnant gets a vicious boot to the head.

The details of why I'm angry are unimportant.  It's stuff that normally would not phase me.  Or, if it did, would occasion a particularly sarcastic comment.  Not a total meltdown.

I have on occasion gotten off kilter, and I'm always flummoxed about how to get back to my nicely balanced center.  It's like my shell has gotten thin.  And maybe cracked a little.  Once I get to that state, pretty much anything will set me off again.  Which is also frustrating.

I need to go for a nice long walk in the woods.  However, that is not happening any time soon.

I'm going to go read a lot and hope that whatever has my psyche in an uproar goes back to sleep.

1 comment: