Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Days off don't always happen on schedule.

I went to bed early last night.  When the alarm went off this morning, I turned it off and went back to sleep.

An hour later, I got up.  Since my clothes were already laid out, I put them on.  Downstairs, I made a bowl of cereal for myself and sat down in front of the computer.  I opened up my work email.  I realized that I was still felt like crying whenever I thought about work.  I took the day off.

Today I read for a while, then napped, then ate a late lunch.  I got a call from a friend, and we're going to meet later for a drink (a non-alcoholic drink) and maybe a pastry.  And then I'm going to yoga.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to work tomorrow, though.

Sometimes being in a safe, quiet place is what I need.  A place where I can squeeze cats (gently) and think about nothing.  Home is a healing place.


No comments:

Post a Comment