Thursday, October 13, 2011

I swear I didn't put the hole in this one

When I left you last night, I was worried about oversleeping in the morning.  No worries, as it turns out.  My subconscious stayed keyed up so that I actually woke up about an hour early.  I tried to return to sleep but ended up just annoying the dog, who wanted me to quit playing possum and get up so she could beg for second breakfast.

All the preparation I made the night before to streamline my morning?  Not really so necessary.  Nor was the coffee, although it was tasty.

My day did have several stressors, although they weren't the ones I was expecting.  First, one of our developers occasionally forgets that I have a job other than waiting for him to request an action of me.  Also, he forgets that I don't know how to do every thing on every OS.  I know!  Shocking.  But true.  Today was one of those memory lapse days.

Second, I was wearing a new pair of pants today.  Recently, but not recently enough, purchased.  I only took them out of their plastic shipping bag last night.  They fit really nicely, and were overall very pleasing..  until I discovered the large rent on the back of my left thigh.  Unfortunately, I didn't discover it until mid afternoon, which means I was walking around as if I didn't have a chunk of my thigh peaking out, all morning.  And it's a bit too late to return them now.  Fortunately, I have a lot of pants-repair experience.  I promise not to use super glue OR Hello Kitty duct tape this time.

I had a fairly important meeting to go to in the late afternoon.  (i.e. I had important people to moon, apparently.)  By then, I was all stressed.  I decided it was a Xanax sort of afternoon.  However, my Xanax was missing.  I searched.  I have many, many empty ziplocs on my desk (as I've been bringing my vitamins to work all month because I can't take them at the same time as my antibiotics) and they were all empty.  My coworker, sensitive to my plight, said "I don't have Xanax, but I do have... THIS."  THIS was an individual size packet of strawberry Pop Rocks.

I don't care how old you are, Pop Rocks are still awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment