Monday, October 31, 2011

Return from the dead

You probably can't imagine just how thrilled I was when I woke up this morning and realized that I had not had to make any midnight maybe-gonna-puke dashes.  Aw, yeah!  Kicking this virus to the curb!  Except for the part where my whole abdomen hurts, and eating is kind of painful, and also I need a nap.

I tried making plain old noodle soup for lunch, and that hurt despite its innocuousness.  So, not as recovered as I had hoped.  But I was able telecommute for most of the day, and dinner (two french rolls, a little bit of soft cheese, and a little bit of pear) felt okay.  Maybe tomorrow I can get back to normal.

Except that tomorrow I have a dental appointment.  Not sure if it will involve anesthetic, but if it does then lunch is probably a bust.

After several days of eating between nothing and very little, I have some food cravings building up.  I think JD and I are going to have a Five Guys blowout (i.e. the same meal I always get - a little burger, and half an order of fries) later this week.

I haven't heard anything about coworkers being struck down, so perhaps I did not pass it on to them.  One can hope.

1 comment: