Friday, October 28, 2011

Insert title here

Another morning sleeping until I was ready to get up.  So nice.  It would appear that I wake up refreshed after nine hours.  Sadly, nine hours of sleep cannot always be arranged.  But mostly, I think it can.

At lunch today I got a table for 10.  I had 8 rsvps, and a couple of extra usually show up.  Instead, we had 4.  Man, I hate taking up multiple tables at a restaurant and then not using them.  But, that's the sort of thing that happens.  The indeterminate number of people who will show up for a meal is why the field of restaurant math was started in the first place.

I'm not going to describe my whole meal for you, but I will say that they had tapioca pearl dumplings with purple taro paste, and they were fantastic.

The weather was spectacular this morning - crisp air, clear blue skies, and wowza leaves.  By the time I got out for my walk after lunch, it was cloudy.  You really need sun to bring out the best in a fall afternoon.  Still, I was enjoying it until my back spoke up.  It's still pissed off about the reverse triangle poses on Wednesday.  I cut my walk short and went back to the office, hoping that it will feel better tomorrow.  I'm really looking forward to going for a hike in the snow, if the spine holds out.  (It is supposed to snow tomorrow, FYI.  Just an inch.  Or a foot.  It's kind of hard to tell right now.)   My first crisp, cold, crunchy walk of the season.  Love it.  There is something clean about walking on new snow.  The woods look different, sound different, smell different.  The third snowy walk is just tedious, with the slipping and sliding. But the first one?  Pure magic.

I'm also looking forward to my next backpacking trip, in two weeks.  DeLee caught a bug and I don't know if she's going to be up to it, but I'm going either way.  (Assuming they aren't calling for three days of 42 degrees and rain.  I'm dumb, but I'm not THAT dumb.)  I went ahead and ordered the Zpacks Exo backpack that I've been pondering, and there's a chance they'll get it to me in time.  A long weekend's hike should tell me if I love it or hate it.  If they don't get it to me in time, well.. I still have Old Faithful.   I'm also looking forward to trying out my 15 degree bag.  I got it after a nasty cold night's sleep last winter, but then it got warm out.  I've still not had a chance to use it.  Oh, I hope it's cozy!

No comments:

Post a Comment