Friday, January 7, 2011

The inside of my washing machine looks like a flooded cotton factory

I'm washing saddle pads tonight on the theory that I might ride again someday.[1]  I just went to check on them and the water they are marinating in is nas-TAY.  I think I'm not even going to take them out of the machine.  I'm just going to add more soap and oxyclean and wash them again.  After all this time it should not amaze me how much dirt a theoretically clean horse can harbor between its hairs, but it really does.  Please let me never be in a situation where my horse has to have a white glove inspection.

JD and I are both feeling much better today.  I think JD got his first good night's sleep in two weeks.  I actually had the energy and motivation to go visit an old friend.  Not that she's OLD old.  I mean, she's older than me.[2] Also, sadly for my overblown ego, cuter than me. 

I have gotten off track.

What I'm saying is that I had the mojo to go visit a friend, and that means I was much less puny today than I have been all week.  I'm hoping tomorrow sees me back to 100%.  Or 98%.  I'd take 98.  I'd take 89.  In fact I'll take anything over a low "B".

Tomorrow we visit Chick Fil-A[3] for a free-ish breakfast via some promotion JD found.  And then.. we might be buying a car.  JD's been hankering for a new vehicle.  That will bring his total to four, and our family total to five.[4]  While at a dealership looking at one type of car today, he found another type of car on their used lot.  And that used car was on his list of "wants".  It's a year old, it has less than 4500 miles on it, and it has a v8 instead of a v6 he was originally looking at, so zoom!  Now, it doesn't have the greatest gas mileage in the world.. in fact it's about half as good as the v6 from this model year.  But he is kind of falling in love with it, I think.  It's hard to argue with love. 

At any rate I think we're going to be looking at cars after breakfast.

Oh.  Also?  I think I'm getting the hang of this diet thing.

[1]Possibly tomorrow.

[2]Not that there's anything wrong with that.

[3]How the hell do you spell that?  Why can't they just say filet like regular people?

[4]Not counting Pluto or the lawnmower.

1 comment:

  1. The mileage is better than "half as good"-- the V6 I'd been looking at is around 27MPG on the highway (estimated, because Ford doesn't publish the numbers for the version with the 3.31:1 rear axle, but they'd be a skosh worse than the standard version's 30mpg), where the V8 gets 24MPG. So probably not quite as good as what I get out of either the Miata or Eddy on the highway, but not far enough off that I'm liable to feel bad about it.

    ReplyDelete