Saturday, January 8, 2011

A bunch of horses is a herd. What do you call a bunch of cars?

Today was a very good day for JD.  He got to sleep in, he got a free Chick-Fil-A chicken biscuit, and then he bought a car.  And it's a pretty nice car.

Me, I started with a migraine.  I also got a free chicken biscuit, but I don't remember what it tasted like because I was on the phone with work-related stuff (while inside the Chick-Fil-A building, and I'm sure it was a joy for those near me) while I ate it.  Then we drove to the dealership and I sat there with JD for three hours.  The original plan was for me to do a little test drive, and then if it were all good JD would drop me off to go hiking and pick me up after the car was bought.  But it turns out that if you want to be a co-owner, you have to sit there and sign things for hours. 

Well, of course I wanted to be co-owner.  If that man croaks I don't want to go through probate just so I can sell off his car.  And of COURSE I would sell off his car(s).  How many cars can one woman drive anyway?

So I sat at the dealership.  I also talked on the phone there.  Not fun stuff, of course.  Work.  Though I did get to chat with Morty, which is always nice.

We got a quick lunch afterward.  I wanted to split the power bar in my car, but after a little thought I realized that we would both break teeth if we did that.  A cold power bar is one of the hardest substances known to man, close to the quality of tungsten.[1]  The power bar was out there in  my car while we were in the dealership.  It was 31 degrees out.  I already have two crowns.

So we got lunch and then we went for a hike.  I figured we didn't have time to do my regular six mile hike, because it was already 2:30 and we needed to leave the house for the evening by 5.  And I was going to need a shower before we left.  So we did a 1.1 mile trail.  I was pretty much warmed up and ready to start really walking by about .9 miles.  And then we got back in our cars.  I had the hiker equivalent of blue balls.  It was just a trail tease.

Me and my blue feet went home and showered, and then we headed out to the metro.  And we met nerds and drank beer.  And my day finally got better.

Tomorrow I hope to see my horse and Tara[2] and do a little riding and in general have a more me-like day.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go clean litter boxes.  That is a very me-like day ending, these days.

[1] In both hardness and flavor.

[2] And her horse.

No comments:

Post a Comment