Monday, January 24, 2011

Ice, ice baby

Today I blundered into a fantastic way to drain your cell phone battery.  Should you ever need to perform this task, follow these steps.

1)  Turn on a GPS enabled application, such as RunKeeper.
2)  Put your phone in your pocket and forget about it.
3)  Go indoors where the phone can't find a satellite.
4)  Don't look at your phone for a few hours.

Et voila!  Within two to three hours your phone should be totally dead.

Phones aside, my day started weird and stayed weird.  In my head, that is.  I assume the outside world was normal.  Except for the part where a 54" water main broke and flooded the beltway, turning it into an exceptionally inconveniently placed skating rink.  I don't drive on the beltway often, but the poor suckers who drive it daily have my sympathy.

NB:  The inner loop of the beltway at Rte 214 might be a little annoying for a while.

Anyway, the head thing.  I had bizarre nightmares.  And, I had to pee.  It turns out everything I ate yesterday was a diuretic.  So I got up very early, went back to bed, and had one of those dreams that go ON and ON.  And I'm going to tell you about it so we can all suffer together.

I dreamed I was going on a backpacking trip (YAY!) but I had to get to the trailhead and I didn't have a vehicle (BOO) so I got a ride in an RV.  The driver and his wife didn't speak much English so I just kind of hung out and napped.  (That's right.  I was sleeping in my dream.)  We get to where we're going, and the driver starts speaking.  IN ENGLISH.  They just didn't want to make conversation with their passenger before.

I get my backpack out, then step back in to get a couple of other items, and notice they've already started driving off.  So being the sleeping genius that I am, I jump out of the RV.  Amazingly, I land on both feet and am fine.  But then the police see me and want to question me because I just jumped out of a moving vehicle with an armful of flannel sheets.

At that point I woke up again and decided the dream police could bite me, I was staying awake.  Shew!  The police are much harder to evade in real life.  Not that I've ever, you know, tried to evade the police.  But I do watch tv.

So in theory I woke up but in reality I zombied my way through the day.  It was so bad that I broke down and bought a cup a coffee.  I don't drink caffeinated beverages, normally.  The coffee made me a little more alert but not much smarter.  I finally went for a walk out in the cold air, and that finally brought me up to about 80% of standard functionality.  Really should have gone for the walk first.

Per normal life I am home and now feel totally fine.  Everything is copacetic.  It's just work that I'm sick of.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment