Thursday, January 6, 2011

I'm bout to sucker punch a germ

You know what I hate about these winter illnesses?  It's easy to hate the fever, and the aches, and the fatigue.  But what I really, REALLY hate is how long it goes on.  Every day you think "I'll get a good night's rest and I'll feel better in the morning."  And it doesn't work.  Because the bugs aren't done with you yet.  You are the bug's bitch, and you are going to suffer until it is done with you.  And your puny little immune system.  The bug sneers at your immune system.

I'm sure JD feels the same way.  He's been sick twice as long, and with a nasty cough.  All I really have is a wussy illness.  JD has a manly illness.  His illness could kick my illness' butt.  (And I wish it would.)

Even the dog doesn't feel that great.  I'm really glad the horse has somebody watching him, because lord only knows how he feels..  I sure haven't been out to see him.  That whole "ride twice a week, minimum" thing?  Not happening.  Anytime soon anyway.  And seeing as how it's freaking JANUARY I figure by the time I'm feeling pretty perky, a foot of snow will dump on us.[1]

Um.  I feel like I should say something that isn't complaining.[2]

So JD and I met for lunch and he had the genius idea of heading over to Chanan for delicious Mongolian  + Chinese buffet.  I am not being sarcastic.  It was wonderful.  I had a plate full of Mongolian veggies and it knocked my socks off.  Ah, Chanan.  Not so good for the diet, but wonderful for the tongue.  I totally did not stay within my dietary calorie range today.  But, as JD pointed out, I've been sick and it's no good to diet when you're sick.[3] On account of your body is working hard to fight off invaders, and all.[4] 

BUT!  I was fairly good.  I didn't have anything coated and fried, and I didn't have Fluffy Dough(tm)[5].  I was sad that there were no Szechuan string beans today.  I love those things with an unnatural passion. 

JD went on up to bed around 8 (again) and I believe I will follow him soon.  We persist in our misguided idea that some day we will sleep long enough to wake up refreshed.  I know it's crazy but it's all I got.




[1]  But if not: Tara, we have a riding date at some nonspecific point in my healthy future.

[2] I'm thinking, I'm thinking!

[3] If he was mistaken, I don't want to know.

[4]  Really, at this point I don't take much convincing.

[5] Kind of the Chinese buffet equivalent of a yeast donut, with no hole.

1 comment: