Thursday, December 1, 2011

I am so fierce that Sasquatch runs away from me

Okay, now that was a good night's sleep.  I flipped my anti-drug sentiments the bird and dosed myself up.  I slept like a somnolent log.  Man.  Good sleep is a luxury, isn't it?

I will say that I still dreamed.  This time, I dreamed that I was hiking (yay!) and came upon a sasquatch.  Two of them, actually.  They ran away from me.  It felt very much like coming upon two bears in the woods, only they were upright.  And sasquatchy.

It was a beautiful day today, which helped my mood.  Yesterday it was dark and cold and windy all day.  Today was just cold and windy.  I can handle that!  I went for a delightful walk.

Also, it was donut day.  Half an apple fritter can have quite a positive effect on one's morning.

This evening I drove out to the farm in the dark to ride Pluto.  His girth confirms that he has lost some weight.  I need to find my weight tape, but I think I'm going to start feeding him.  (What?  He's half Lipizzan.  Lipizzans are air ferns.  Normally you don't really feed them. )  Just a little to start with, maybe half a can (~two cups?) of pellets twice daily.

Also wondering if I should get him tested for Lyme.  He's still not interested in cantering on the longe, which is unlike him.  He looks just fine at the walk and the trot, but he wants nothing to do with cantering, in either direction.   Something is going on there.  Muscle stiffness or foot soreness.  I hope the farrier can provide me with some clues on Saturday.

I got on for just a few minutes tonight.  Mostly I wanted to touch Pluto to reassure myself of his existence, but I also wanted to get on him and have a positive experience.  Riding in the dark is a little iffy at the start of the winter, and the arena closest to us is not in his comfort zone.  I got on, we walked around, voila.  I didn't ride very long because a) my back is tweaky, and b) there was an angry bird.  (I'm serious.)  Still, it was nice.  It was good to be with the stinker.

2 comments:

  1. For Pluto's cantering problem, consider having a chiro take a look at him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fortunately my vet is also a chiro. I think we might be having a diagnostic visit soon.

    ReplyDelete