Wednesday, December 14, 2011

I used to dress like a grape

I like purple.  Again.  Because apparently I'm fourteen.  That's how old I was the last time I liked purple.  But back then I REALLY liked purple.  I had an entire purple outfit.  Baggie pants, button down shirt, sweater, Members Only jacket (which was only the coolest thing EVER), socks, I think the shoes too.  All purple.  Purple bandana.  Purple earrings.  I don't recall if my underwear and bra were purple. It seems likely, and yet I can't remember ever owning such things.   And I wore the whole outfit all together.  Somewhere I feel certain that there is a picture of this.  Sadly, I do not have a copy of it.  Unless it's in a yearbook.

*Edited after I found it:

Oh wait!  I found it in my 1984 junior high yearbook.  Sadly, it's in black and white so you can't even tell how purple I am.  But you can tell by the expression on my face that I was pretty pleased about it.

Hello, junior high yearbook.  If only they had color pictures back then.


Oh, and let us not forget the purple eye shadow!

I felt like the snazziest thing on two feet.  Sometimes being young and totally clueless is AWESOME.

Recently I've noticed that every time I've really liked how something has looked on me, it has involved a purple top.  Not always the same shade of purple, either.  Looks like I have the jewel tone thing going on in my forties.   I think I will discontinue my decade long blue shirt streak, and start looking into more purple.

Don't worry, Tara, I'm not planning on outfitting me and the horse in your colors for riding.

Do they still make Members Only jackets?

1 comment:

  1. Just for you, I googled it. rustyzipper has a purple Members Only jacket. :)
    http://www.rustyzipper.com/shop.cfm?viewpartnum=113122

    Maybe I need to send this link to JD?

    ReplyDelete