Sunday, December 11, 2011

What our night was like

This is what we came home to last night.  So while I was feeling sick from beer and Tollhouse pie, the dog was feeling sick from moldy pork and who knows what else.  As soon as we found it, I got out the hydrogen peroxide and forced it down her throat to make her vomit.  (Not that I had any idea how long previously she had eaten all that.)  Our hydrogen peroxide turned out to be old and ineffective, so she didn't vomit.  Which means that on top of moldy pork, she had a tummy full of hydrogen peroxide.  Oh, she was an unhappy doggy.  She spent the night groaning and needing to go outside, and committing stinky farts in the bedroom.  JD was of course spared this last detail, as he cannot smell.

Also unknown?  How many of the rotten grapes she ate.  I gave her activated charcoal and hoped for the best.
 Prior to this exciting development, I went for a pleasant walk around the park.
Pretty animal tracks down by the water

This water, unfortunately, is the path.  Did I mention the 3" of rain we got in one day, earlier in the week?

No shit!  New sign in one of the kiosks - in case all the other warning signs and the giant blinky "check yourself for ticks!" roadsign at the entrance didn't clue you in.
After poor sleep for all of us last night, I cancelled riding today with Tara.  I sent the email at 4 am, when I was up with the dog on one of her many visits to the yard.  I hoped to sleep in, but the dog also wanted to get up at 8.  I gave in.  I hoped to get a good nap later to make up for my crappy night of sleep, but it never happened.  Instead I wrapped and wrapped and wrapped and I think I finished my Christmas wrapping.  And also I washed clothing forever.  We took it all upstairs and folded it and put it away, and then JD went and got a whole bunch more and we folded THAT and put it away, and it has continued replicating such that we will need to do the same thing tomorrow.  I am starting to wonder if our laundry is related to tribbles.

No comments:

Post a Comment