Monday, December 12, 2011

If your day went worse than this, you have my permission to have a beer.

My day is seeming pretty negative.  I slept okay, though.  That was a bright spot.

Out of milk, so oatmeal for breakfast.  Which I like, but which doesn't stay with me as well as my nice high protein, high fiber cereal.

Getting ready to leave the house, I found a Christmas ornament in my boot.  I have to wonder how Olli managed that.

I spilled coffee down the front of my (already considerably stained) jacket while trying to juggle lunchbox, new horse blanket, keys, and coffee on the way to the car.

I was a little late to the farm (heavy frost had to be scraped off the car.)  The news from the vet could have been worse.  A)  Pluto's sheath was really nasty.  He needs to be on a quarterly cleaning schedule rather than the usual yearly or every six months.  B)  He has a small lump, which I will have to keep an eye on.  If it is melanoma, there isn't anything to do.  You euthanize when it gets too bad (years and years in the future, I'm not trying to be dramatic here.)  C) His urethra has a thickening.  Could be due to infection, could be due to a stone passing through.  Either way he has to go on antibiotics now.

Later, I heard D) the horse won't eat the pills with his food despite the karo syrup we added, so I'll be driving two hours a day for the next ten days to force antibiotics down his throat twice daily.

The worst part may be E), which is that the OTHER possible reason for his urethral issue is excessive masturbation.  The new mare in the field next door doesn't look that great to ME, but maybe she does to Pluto.

Oh, and F) I have to try to get a urine sample.  I've only seen him pee twice.  I've owned him for eight years.  Friends have given me some suggestions, such as bring a large bucket of apple juice and water to entice him to drink a lot.  Perhaps I will try that this weekend.  Perhaps I will wait until after the antibiotics finish to see if we REALLY need a urinalysis.

On the way from the farm to work, a rock flew up and chipped my windshield.

I've had better days.  But then, a relative stranger didn't forcibly clean my genitals, or insert her entire hand into my colon, so my day was probably better than Pluto's.

No comments:

Post a Comment