Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Going to bed, but first: I am irked.

I hab a code.

Actually it hasn't gotten that far.  I have an incipient cold.  Runny nose, sore throat, general feeling of ooginess.  I'm going to bed early.

I'd like to leave you with the three levels of this photo.  The sign is from the coffee mess in my building.  The coffee mess a small closet, which somebody is responsible for opening and closing every day.  They've been closing it earlier and earlier.  This is irritating me.  I don't drink the coffee, but I do use the sink.  And they take the hot pot from across the hall and lock it up too.  I do use the hot pot.  Or at least, I would like to.

We do have a building cafeteria, but it isn't open past 3 or so.  If you want to make a hot drink or wash a bowl past whenever Mr. Coffee Closet has decided to close up the coffee mess, you're out of luck.

I find it ridiculous that in a building which houses hundreds of people, there isn't a kitchen.  Seriously?  This is such a tough thing to do?  In my old building, which was much smaller, there were TWO kitchens.  With functional sinks, and refrigerators, and microwaves, and coffee of one kind or another.  Somehow, we got along just fine.  However, in this building apparently we are not allowed to have hot drinks past two in the afternoon.

Oh yeah.  I am irked.



So in this photograph of the sign on the outside of the locked doors, I would like to note three things.  1) Nice with the passive aggressive, coffee guy.  2)  Nice with the grammar and spelling, coffee guy.  3)  Nice with the passive aggressive corrections, other guy.

Well, four things.  4)  You missed some stuff, other guy.

2 comments:

  1. Has someone volunteered to take over as coffee guy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty sure nobody wants the job. But also, why do we need somebody to lock up the damn coffee every night?

    ReplyDelete