Friday, December 30, 2011

The second coming of Christmas was camping oriented

On the last workday of the year, I finally chivvied others into doing things.  I wrote a monthly report.  I deleted things.  I think that's about all should realistically expect of a sysadmin on the afternoon before a holiday.

My boss poked his head in during the afternoon and told us to skedaddle, which we did.  I went home and watched "No Strings Attached" on Netflix, a predictable but sweet romance.  Or romantic comedy.  Either way, I liked it.

JD made a vaguely Irish dinner (crock pot beef, cabbage, potatoes) and then it was Christmastime.  Again!  JD and I waited until today to open gifts because we didn't want to tote them to Arizona.  And we didn't want to open them as soon as we got home, because of the tiredness.  So this evening was it.  It was fun opening gifts, as always.  Two really made my eyes widen - DeLee got me a Jetboil (eeeee!)  and JD got me a purple Members Only jacket (heee!)  Also Santa got me a balance ball chair which I have put together but so far haven't gathered the gumption to move into my office.  Perhaps in the morning.

JD went to bed early and I think I'll be following him.  Tomorrow's a busy day, getting ready for excessive drinking and neighbor-hugging at midnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment