Friday, July 15, 2011

When did we get old?

JD and I both feel old tonight.  Our backs hurt, we're tired.  What the heck?  It's Friday night!  I didn't even want to go next door to hang out with Shirley.  Now that's tired.

I came home and started fooling with my pack.  I took five pounds of food out.  Now I have about 7 - enough to get me to White House Landing with a stop at Abol Bridge for snacks, and some freeze dried meats for the second half of the trip, because meat is heavy.

I ran out of gumption before I got it repacked.  I finally decided on a fleece shirt (vs the slightly lighter down jacket) because if I need warmth while hiking, the down jacket won't do.  I'll sweat through it.  So, fleece it is.  I went upstairs to weigh various fleece shirts, and once again decided on my old, utilitarian grey and black one.  The same one I always take.  Sooner or later the poor thing will wear out,  and then where will I be?

So I guess I'll be running around in the morning getting packed again, because I intend to lug the load around Greenbelt Park.  I'm not feeling particularly enthused, at the moment.  Perhaps after a good night's sleep.

I will say, though, that we had a really excellent dinner.  Turkey bacon, a rustic country bread, leaf lettuce and insanely good tomatoes from the farmer's market.  I put a little greek yogurt on mine in place of mayo, of which I am not a fan.  The whole thing was so juicy that I needed a catch plate.  I'm pretty sure it's the best BLT I've had in my life.  I'm pretty sure we have all the makings to do it again tomorrow, too.  :)

I guess if I were a really good Harry Potter fan I would be at a theatre right now, but I'm not that good of a fan.  I'll try to gather up some girlfriends next weekend, when it's maybe less crowded.  For now I'm going to curl up in the living room with a cat and some True Blood.

No comments:

Post a Comment