Tuesday, July 5, 2011

In which our old house doesn't have modern conveniences

Gracious, but it's hot in here.

Our air conditioning is still kaput.  I talked to a scheduler at an AC place today, and somebody will be by tomorrow to take a look at it.  I expect that after that they'll have to order some parts, and then come back to install it, and it could be a while before the house is cool.  And that is assuming we can still get parts for a system that uses the older R22 coolant.  If not, we may have to upgrade our air handler as well.  Fun times!  At least it's supposed to cool down a little this weekend.

For now, though, I am marinating in my own sweat.  At this point it's a slightly beery marinade.

I've been experimenting a little with drinks.  (Not beer.  Beer has already been perfected.)  I would like to have flavored drinks, but I want them to be unsweetened.  So far I've tried a bag of mint tea added to cold water (excellent), ginger powder added to cold water (pretty good), and ginger powder combined with lemon powder added to cold water. (I couldn't taste the lemon.)  Both ginger and mint seem like good options.  Between those and my lemon, lime, and orange packets, I can have a nice selection of flavored waters.  And all the flavorings should travel well.  Plus I expect they will all make nice hot drinks, should I ever be cold again.  Which at the moment doesn't seem likely.

PS Mom?  I was oogy yesterday.  But I'm fine now.  I had to sleep a lot over the course of two days, but I'm fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment