Sunday, July 24, 2011

In which TV makes me suck

So, after about four hours of sleep (how come I can never sleep when I need to get up early?) I got up before the alarm went off at 6, and got on out the door.  This weekend's walk around the park went much better, without the tail end of an illness kicking my butt.  It was plenty hot though.  My clothes were totally soaked by the time I was done.

I went over to the farm and explained to Pluto that I was leaving for a month.  I don't like to just leave without telling him.  You should never just leave without telling people you love.

And then I came home and got into dry clothes and debated napping vs movie watching.  Finally I headed over to the movie theater to see the early showing of Friends With Benefits.

I would love to be able to tell you it was great movie.

Unfortunately, however, the power was out when I got there.  No power, no movies.  I was so bummed.  And sleepy.  My plan had been to go to the theater and get a coke so I could stay awake to watch the movie.  No power, no coke either. I had to drive home sleepy.  I got home and was so, so, tired.  So I took a nap after all.  But it was a bad nap.

A good nap leaves you feeling all rested and happy.  This one left me tired and anxious, and my effing migraine came back.  I had disturbing dreams and woke up sweaty.  Bad nap.  No biscuit.

So, that was pretty much my day.  I should be cleaning the house up and getting boxes ready to mail but I really don't feel like it so I'm just sitting on my butt, watching True Blood, and gathering more and more malaise about me.  I like to watch things but I always feel gross after I do.  Does watching things do this to you?  It's like it turns me into an angry, unsatisfied teenager.  As if I don't already have an active, fulfilling life, and a real job which gives me the means to purchase whatever I want.  TV is kind of evil that way.

So, yeah, guess I'll go finish the episode I'm on..

No comments:

Post a Comment