Tuesday, July 19, 2011

OSX can kiss my pasty white behind

OMG yall, I am so fed up with computers today.  This is the second day in a row that I have argued with a recalcitrant computer.  I got out the install disks, and reinstalled the OS TWICE!  With different results.  AND IT STILL HAS THE SAME PROBLEM!



I am drinking a lot of wine right now.

Internet, if you are an OSX sysadmin, please tell me that you have figured out how to make OSX 10.6.8 server let non-admin users ssh in.  Because I could seriously use a clue.  A good clue, not like the all the lame non-useful clues I have already found on the intertubes.

I spent much of my day walking up and down the stairs, two stories between my office and the data center.  Carrying my backpack.  It was fracking hot outside, and I barely had time to pee let alone go for a walk, so I got my hike training in while working.  I was surprisingly unwearied by it.  My back got a little tweaked from constantly dropping and picking up my backpack, but my legs, heart, and lungs said "enh."  They need bigger mountains.

Maybe Katahdin won't kill me after all.

I know I must have looked a little odd, chugging up and down the stairs with my backpack.  My dirty, fully loaded, obviously-not-a-bookbag backpack.  Nobody said a WORD.  The thing about NASA is that everybody there is just a little weird.  You can do, say, or wear quite a bit that wouldn't fly in the outside world, and at NASA they either don't notice (because, you know, figuring out the universe and all) or they avert their eyes.  (This is in the science directorates.  I'm sure they would have had me arrested and carried out of the management-oriented buildings.)

FYI I am also eating chocolate now.

While I was walking around the building I noticed that we now have many "Solar Physics Laboratories".  This gives me a chuckle. Like they have little suns in there, so they can do research on them more conveniently.

I have to take my fun where I can find it.

Cheers!

Note:  non-sparkling

No comments:

Post a Comment