Tuesday, July 26, 2011

This explains all the bird droppings on the cars

Two things came up today.

1)  Inversion tables.  My naturopath pretty much demanded I get one, on account of the lousy marshmallows I have instead of disks in my spine.  So, now on the lookout for an inversion table.

2)  "What's your spiritual path?"  Atheist was apparently not the right answer.  She gave me this *look* and said that with how much I loved the outdoors, that I was more spiritual than I knew.  Because my migraines often start around 4 AM, she wanted me to start paying attention to things that were happening at 4 AM when I was outside.  What animals I saw, etc.  I mentioned that during the day I saw hawks constantly (not just out in the woods - in parking lots, crossing roads, watching me from trees at work) and she said she wanted me to go read a book wherein a guy apparently talks about the spiritual meanings of various animals.  Which, okay, interesting.  The thing is he has a lot of books.  And even multiple books about animals.

So I guess that leaves me upside down and confused about my spirituality.

I'm not averse to learning about other people's spiritual ways, but I tend to feel that whatever I'm doing is working for me.  I.e. walking around and appreciating what I'm seeing, and trying not to be evil.  That's about all I really require of myself.  I guess I'm a spiritual slacker.

Anyway, I took a shot in the dark and downloaded one of the books to my Kindle app, and I look forward to finding out why the author thinks hawks are dogging me.  So to speak.

1 comment:

  1. walking around...appreciating...trying not to be evil...Sounds like a beautiful soul to me. True communion with a dog or a horse or actually SEEING a plant or bird is deeply spiritual to me, for lack of another word. The religious world has hijacked the word spiritual.

    ReplyDelete