Thursday, July 7, 2011

Nazca is a giant unathletic dork

As of right now, I'm just under three weeks from leaving here for Maine.  Also a little less than twelve hours from my neurological appointment, where I hope they don't try to tell me not to go to Maine.  Because that is not going to fly well with me.

Saturday I'm going to have another go at the Billy Goat Trail.  Not that I tried it and failed last time.  My air conditioning failed.  And it poured.  And then I slept in and also got sick.  So, more of an attempt to actually leave the house this time.

Tomorrow after work I'll get all my gear ready so all I have to do is head out the door in the morning.  I need to load up the backpack some, and I guess wash some clothing.. what with the heat in the house for the last week, I've been holding off on doing anything that would make it warmer in here.

Also I will be hoping that this doesn't get infected:

Ow
Nazca tried to jump up on my lap this morning.  He is not the cleverest or most agile of kitties.  I have much smaller punctures in my thigh, where he realized he hadn't.. quite.. gotten all of himself up onto my lap.  Had I known he was incoming I would have helped, but I was quite surprised.  Instead, I shrieked as he slowly slid backwards off my lap, trying to use his hind legs on my calf to push himself back up.  Unfortunately for both of us, my skin doesn't have the holding power of, say, upholstery.

My day didn't really start well.  Wish me better luck for tomorrow.  I only have so much skin left.

1 comment:

  1. ouch ouch ouch! I hope you get to try the soles of your shoes on Billy Goat!

    ReplyDelete