Saturday, July 2, 2011

Baby it's hot inside

The start of a holiday weekend.  Mom visiting, crab feast planned.  I went out to hold Pluto for the farrier, where he was actually pretty good.  I stopped at the Safeway on the way home to buy potato chips for the feast, and found out that the Safeway is closing on the ninth.  Planning a return trip to stock up on cheap dry goods.

The feast went off well.  The whole bushel of crabs got eaten.  I'm feeling somewhat whale-like.

The house was pretty warm when I was in there doing the dishes after the feast, so I asked JD to check the AC unit outside.  It was buzzing but the fan was not running.  We gave it a couple of push starts and it started running, but it is obviously ailing.  I had sent a request to a local company to get an annual maintenance appointment, and their scheduler will be calling me on Monday.  Is it irony that it is trying to die now?  Whatever it is, it's annoying.  Possibly understandable, as it did not get maintenance last year, and the year before the guy from our old company just kind of poked at it and as far as I can tell he did not do anything.

(I kind of hate those guys.  They suck so bad.  I have told them that they are not allowed back in our house and to stop calling us, and they WON'T STOP.  They keep giving me crap about the warranty.  And you know what?  I would rather buy an entire new system then allow them to touch mine again.  That's how much I hate them.)

Anyway it looks to be an interesting weekend.  In the curse "May you have an interesting life" sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment