Sunday, February 6, 2011

This can wait until after you're done cheering on a bunch of millionaires you've never met

Andy and Trouble's (may he rest in peace) annual license renewals came in on Saturday.  I filled out the forms (one with the "deceased" box checked) and at the same time printed out forms for Dory, Olli, and Nazca.  So I sent back six forms, four rabies certificates, three spay or neuter certificates, and a check.  That is one full envelope.  I weighed it and added extra postage.

While downloading the new forms for the kittenball, I noticed on the county's website that if you have over five domesticated animals at home and you're not a breeder or rescue, you have to get a hobbyist license.  We are *this close* to being crazy cat people.  Between the cats and the dog we have five.  And I've been thinking about getting a puppy.  Ruh roh.

While JD and I were sitting in the dining room this evening, we started hearing a faint regular beeping.  Turns out the carbon monoxide detector I bought back in 2003 has finally quit working.  I think 8 years isn't too bad for a detector, especially since it was an early to market unit.  I went on Amazon and found a replacement that also detects explosive gas.  And it costs ten bucks less than the original unit.  Win!  Now we won't die of bad air OR a massive explosion.  Cool!

I understand that the vast majority of the country is watching the Superbowl this evening.  Luckily for me, I am not married to a pro football enthusiast, so the Superbowl can remain on the fringes of my consciousness.  (However, during college football season I have to vacate the house regularly so he can wear his team colors and shout at the tv.  So it's not all good.)  We are having a standard quiet evening.  Dinner [1], conversation, an episode of the X-Files later [2], and a spot of tea.  I couldn't be happier.



[1] Chicken Tikka with onions and potatoes, and veggie samosas with mango lime chutney.  To die for.

[2] JD had never seen season 1.  I saw it a long time ago, obviously.  It's available on Netflix now.

No comments:

Post a Comment