Thursday, February 3, 2011

My calendar is all set

This evening after work I pulled out my (old fashioned, paper) calendar and starting writing things in.  Christmas (at my parents' house), Trail Days, a SOBO section hike from Katahdin, and DragonCon (not for me).  And then I went to the months of March through November and I wrote in at least one overnight of backpacking for every month.  Some months have three day weekends for me, so I can get in two or three nights. 

Yay for backpacking!

I expect I'll be renewing my familiarity with the circuit hikes of central and northern Shenandoah.  That's about as far as I can drive without wasting all my time in a car.  It's been a couple of years so I'm hazy on some of the details, which is nice.  I'd just as soon not do routes I have memorized.

My plans are by  no means set in stone, but just having things on the calendar makes them more likely to happen.  If for some reason I skip a trip, I'll at least have that luxurious feeling of having missed a planned activity.  I like playing hooky even when it's from my own plans.

Too bad we don't live closer to the Smokies, I would *love* to explore more there.  I'd like to do the AT there in good weather, for that matter.  But there are tons of other trails in the park.  Maybe someday.

Now I just need it to warm up and dry out a little.  And I need to ditch the sore throat I picked up this week.  Ah, spring.  Still so far away.  You'll be very welcome when you finally arrive.

No comments:

Post a Comment