Tuesday, February 8, 2011

I gave blood today. And people were nice to me.

Guess what I did today, Internet?  I gave blood!  Rich, juicy blood.  Mmmmm.

Sorry, got off track.  Started thinking about rare stake.  I mean steak.

I listened to a song about cannibalism and now I'm all confused.

Anyway so I gave blood and it was a fun time.  And there were cookies!  JD and I calculated the caloric value of a pint of blood (not even counting the extra they take for testing!) at about six hundred calories.  So those cookies and the tiny can of juice are free, by my count.  Although the buffet we went to tonight wasn't.  But at least I started my day on the straight and narrow, sort of.

They said I wasn't allowed "vigorous" exercise but I figured walking isn't all that vigorous, so I went for a walk.  Then I forgot about the precautionary notes and started jogging.  Of course, my version of jogging still isn't that vigorous.  And besides, I still had on a bandaid.  So I had it covered!  So to speak.

Between walking over to get my blood drawn, and walking and jogging, and my many many trips to the buffet, I went over 10000 steps today!  Yay! 

The snazzy NASA auditorium with futuristic looking tables and stuff, set up for a blood drive.

It's no lie:  They have cookies!  It must be the dark side.

No comments:

Post a Comment