Monday, February 7, 2011

2000 left to go

I went for my first walk in a week today.  It felt good to get out.  Between ice and snot, I've been confined indoors for far too long.  It was so nice (fifty degrees!) that I walked around in just my sweater and overshirt.  And pants, too, I mean.  I wasn't pantsless.  The air had a very pleasant feel against my face.  The cold water and mud on the trail, however, didn't feel that good coming in through the mesh panels of my boots.  I keep forgetting the dang things aren't waterproof.

Today was my first really good representative day of the number of steps I typically take in a day.  The day's not over yet, but the answer is a little over 8000.  So I need to walk an extra 2000 to meet the 10k challenge.  Now to figure out where the extra distance is going to come from.  It's easy enough to do that once in a while, but to do it consistently will take (gasp!) work.

JD and I decided that we didn't particularly feel like doing anything for Valentine's Day.  Instead, JD had the genius idea of going for a hike on the 21st.  We both have the day off.  So we're going to go for a 6-8 mile walk somewhere, then make up for it by going out for fondue.  Mmm, fondue.

Tomorrow, if I don't get deferred for recent illness, I'm going to give blood.  And you know what that means:  COOKIES!  Because why else would I let somebody poke me with a needle?

No comments:

Post a Comment