Saturday, February 19, 2011

I love Double Bag so very much

Today we walked the block, trying to get people to sign our petition to put speedhumps in on our street.  Thanks to years of unwelcome visits from proselytizers (if I never see another Seventh Day Adventist walking down our street, it would be too soon) pretty much nobody opens their door anymore.  We left a lot of "Sorry we missed you!" notes on doors.  One of those folks pulled the note off after we passed by and called us, but so far nothing from the others.  We'll have to go back on Monday I guess.

So from the people who actually opened the door, we got 7 signatures and 1 angry old man who started yelling at us.  A pretty good average, really.

This evening JD made a wonderful meal of vegetable gyoza, chicken apple sausages, and asparagus.  It was better than most of what we could get in most local restaurants, and tastier too.  Why do we eat out again?

JD picked me up some beer because I was stressed out yesterday (thanks to Mom and the dog being in the hospital, not that it was the fault of either.)  I did the calculations and I could afford three beers in my diet today.  Corridor Wine and Spirits now carries a couple of northeastern brews, including Geary's Pale Ale and Long Trail Double Bag.  So I'm a well lubricated blogger tonight.

I also cooked some today.  I put together a bunch of ingredients I had on hand (onion, garlic, ginger, a figlet, thai chili flavor tuna, curry, black beans) and fried it up.  It made a delightful and filling lunch.  To figure out the calories I put it in Sparkpeople as a recipe.  You have the option of sharing it with others or not sharing it.  I figured what the hell.  It was good.  I shared it.  I named it "Petitioning Day Goulash".  I bet there isn't a duplicate of it anywhere. 

Tomorrow we're going hiking in Harper's Ferry (well, Harper's Ferry adjacent) and then out for fondue at the Melting Pot.  It was all JD's idea.  I knew I married that boy for a reason.  Fondue and hiking.. is there any faster way to a hiker chick's heart?

No comments:

Post a Comment