Wednesday, February 23, 2011

I keep checking for banana peels and falling pianos

I'm only writing because my mom is still in the hospital and if she gets the chance to look at a computer, she might want to read.

Not that it's good stuff to read.  Sorry Mom.  I kind of had a bad day.  But now that I think of it, probably better than yours.  Although you probably didn't spill hot soup on your crotch.  Hah!  And you thought you had all the problems.

I went for a walk, trying to clear my head and get some energy flowing, and neither happened.  In fact I felt more lethargic, and kind of nauseated.  I even decided not to go to yoga.  I said I DIDN'T GO TO YOGA.  This is kind of a big deal.  I love yoga.  More specifically I love how I feel afterward, and I love how it keeps me from getting backaches. 

On the way home from work I stopped and bought spinach so I could make my favorite "I don't feel good" soup.  It's an awesome soup, BTW.  Chicken broth, (and it turns out if you get the low sodium, no fat chicken broth?  you might as well use water), capellini, steamed fresh spinach stirred in, and a beaten egg cooked in it so it's kind of egg-droppy.  It is a *wonderful* soup, very good for comfort food purposes.  Plus, spinach!  It's good for you.  Nutritional-like.

I ate about half of the soup, and then somehow dumped the bowl on my crotch.  Fortunately I'm female so all I did was mildly burn my thighs.  Had JD pulled the same stunt we'd probably be seeking medical care right now.

JD, who was right there when I did it, ran right upstairs and got me a dry pair of pants to change into.  And I told him I wasn't washing any effing dishes tonight.  (Not that he'd mentioned it.)  And then he cleaned the litter boxes and got me some chocolate.

Because I married well, people.  You can't buy that kind of care.

After the soup debacle, and some chocolate, I told him we were going to watch some tv, dammit.  The good stuff.  And I marched right into the living room and watched two episodes of Castle.  And I only spent about half an hour of that coughing up the mint tea I had managed to choke on.

Yup.  It's been that kind of day.

Oh, and JD guessed what was in the box that was delivered today.  Jelly beans.  His special pectin jelly beans, that I ordered for his birthday.  He could tell from how the box rattled.  Who memorizes what jelly beans rattle like?  Seriously?

So now I am going to go upstairs, holding carefully onto the railing.  And I am going to take a shower (not too hot) and then I am going to get into bed and hope I don't manage to knock the lamp over on me, or choke on my own spit, or get a papercut on my jugular.  Because these are the sorts of things that are liable to happen on a day like today.

1 comment: