Thursday, November 18, 2010

One of us is unbothered by the situation

Today was better, Internet.  In case you were wondering, curious little bastard that you are.  Want to know what made it better?  I didn't answer phone calls.  Also, I took Xanax.  Otherwise I think it would have been a repeat of yesterday.  Also the day before.

I'm sure you're glad I got that off my chestal region.

Anyway, I got a lot done at work, and I feel good about that.  Though I am slightly curious what was in all those voicemails.

Also I had lunch with Delee and ate mass quantities of comfort food.  Mmmm, Reuben on pita.  Not those Sahara pitas with the accurate name*, but the flatbread-type pitas of deliciousness.

Tonight was Pluto's mani-pedi, so I hied me to the farm and fed him treats while he got his nails did.  It was nice to see him and Bonnie and Mystery.  There's nothing better than horsey kisses.*******  They have the softest smoothest muzzle, even a rough tough horse like Pluto.**  I love it when he puts his lips on my cheek and gives me little kisses.*** 

My husband took off to have fun with his car friends**** so I'm batching it tonight with the frozen pizza.  I'm not real adventurous feeling so that's the extent of my whoopee.  Soon I will clean the kitty litter and then give the old man fluids.  Are you having more fun than me?  Liar.*****

I realize there is still one more workday to go this week, but I have already leapt ahead to the weekend in my thoughts.  Day one I'm thinking viciously hard hike******, then nap.  Then Oktuberfest.  Day two, something equine.  If it's good weather.  I'm no glutton for punishment, despite all evidence to the contrary.

Unfazed by his working conditions


*If you eat one straight it makes your mouth feel like the desert.

**Seriously, the horse has Rasta mane.  There is nothing shiny or sleek about him.  It's like he sands his fur when I'm not there.

***Though sometimes I have to clean up afterward.. it can get a bit muddy.

****Which I do not begrudge, because my eyes glaze over when car talk starts.

*****If there is anything more fun than cleaning cat litter and poking old bastards with needles, please don't tell me.  I'm feeling very fragile right now.********

******I.e. the same easy six miles I always do.  But with vigor.

*******From Pluto.

********PS if my dog could please stop puking randomly and making me worry about her health, that would be awesome.  Or if the cat could stop puking in dog-adjacent areas.  Whichever.

No comments:

Post a Comment