Saturday, November 13, 2010

November 2010 hike journal day one

11/11
Sam Moore shelter 

DeLee and I had a really nice, if short, walk from Snickers Gap to the shelter. We're in the feared "Roller Coaster" section of the Appalachia Trail. So far I am unimpressed. As roller coasters go it's dinky.  We didn't holler even once, though we did meet a dog who hollered after DeLee stopped petting it. (he was a shepherd lab mix with amazing blue eyes. )

It is shortly after six thirty and full dark. We aren't sleepy but we are already in our sleeping bags to stay warm. It's going to be a long night. I predict I will be ready to get up at dawn just so I won't have to lie on my pad anymore. 

Tomorrow we have more roller coaster (Woo! Put your arms up!) and more nonstop conversation, I hope. It's great to spend time with DeLee after I was gone all summer backpacking. 

Yay for good friends and beautiful fall leaves. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment