Monday, November 29, 2010

Good advice which you will probably not take*

Internet, I am about to give you some good advice.

If you can avoid it, never move a data center.

That's pretty much it. 

Moving a data center sucks in many ways.  Such as that it has made me hurt all over.  I am going to continue hurting all over until I get to see my chiropractor.  And that is not going to be for a while, because tomorrow the move continues.  Only now it's boxes.  And chairs.  And coatracks.  Doesn't really matter what, it's stuff that has to be managed.  Plus I have to continue dealing with the fallout of the move.

The good news is that I will have put in my 80 hours for the pay period by sometime Wednesday, so it seems likely that I am getting a four day weekend this week.  And that's without having used holiday hours for Thanksgiving.  So four day weekend PLUS extra paid time off at Christmas.  Yay!

And all I had to do is work until I was too tired to think and too sore to walk right.

Anyway, Internet, I wish you all the best.  I am going to go to bed now, and likely snore very loudly.  I apologize for the inconvenience if you live nearby.

PS I wore my shirt right side out and front side to the front today.  Unlike yesterday.  I'm starting to wonder if I have some kind of self-dressing disability.

*Because you probably don't have a data center.

No comments:

Post a Comment