Thursday, June 30, 2011

Should I really be the one doing the reassuring here?

I drove myself crazy locking down machines today.  Please can it be penetration testing time now?  I don't even care what the results are anymore, I just want it over with.

It turned out to be an incredibly beautiful, perfect day outside.  JD and I walked to lunch and it felt like the sort of day when you would lay out beside the pool with your best friend and soak up some sun and maybe gossip.  Okay, definitely gossip, and drink drinks that are so cold that condensation beads up on the side and slowly rolls down and makes a ring on the table around the can.  And then maybe later, when the sun starts to throw long shadows, we would get up off of our towels on our chaise lounges with the straps across them, and we would go make some hamburgers on the grill.

That sort of day.

But, instead of doing that, I went back to work and tried not to break everything while reviewing the firewall rules and creating smaller groups of machines with more privileges, and larger groups of machines with fewer privileges.  And then I drove over to my chiropractor's office and reassured her that despite my spine, I am okay.  And she was relieved.  

Then I drove to work and typed rapidly for a few more hours, and then I drove to yoga where I reassured my instructor that despite my spine, I am okay.  Mostly.  But some of those poses aren't happening anymore.

So now I'm more bendy than I was this morning, and thanks to my chiropractor my right arm isn't all numb and tingly anymore.  And she recommended a good neurologist, although when I called for an appointment they put me with his PA but said she worked closely with him.. and anyway he's really a neuroSURGEON and stay away from my spine with your cutty knives you madman.  I'll take the PA.  I just want advice on activities to avoid or pursue with my newly discovered bulging and/or torn discs.

So, long day.  But much accomplished.  How bout you?

No comments:

Post a Comment