Monday, June 6, 2011

Anxieties Attack: News at Ten

I spent my whole weekend being uptight about something.  I emailed something to somebody on Friday and I was really worried about what I would get back.   I took that mailbox offline so I couldn't look at my email, because if the response were negative I knew I would lose my cool (even more) and it would ruin the weekend.  But I had low level anxiety about it the whole time.

This morning I finally screwed up my courage and read my email.  And it was fine.

Wow, what a waste of an anxiety attack.

Shortly after that it came to my attention that I didn't feel so good.  Reaction?  I don't know, but I had to throw out all the food in the vicinity.  Just in case.  Hours later, I finally bought some pretzels and a coke, and they stayed down fine.  Though dinner, which was pizza with all the cheese and sauce stripped off, and plain green beans, was kind of tough.  The dog got most of the green beans and I'm still pondering whether or not the uncheesed pizza is staying with me.

JD felt ooky yesterday so I guess it's going around.  You really can share too much in a relationship.

I put together a box for my friend Phoenix Rising, who is section hiking, and then found out that she will only be on the trail for nine more days.  I need to pick a hiker and mail it to them.  But maybe I should tell them first.  A random box of treats from somebody on the internet might come off as creepy.  Stalker-y, even.  Maybe.  Hell, maybe I'll mail it to myself.  

I'm pretty sure I had some interesting thoughts earlier in the day, but I'm all scatterbrained so I have no idea what they were.  Sorry.  Blogging is hard.

It came to my attention today that the MTV awards happened, and the Twilight cast won lots of awards.  And there were pictures.  And suddenly my fascination with the movies is alive and well again.  I went and wikipedia'd some of them.  Again.  I'm pretty sure  there are more productive things I could be doing with my time, but oooh pretty!

Also in the pretty category is Nathan Fillion.  JD suggested today that if things changed drastically in our lives, such as Nathan Fillion professing his undying love for me, causing me to kick JD to the curb, we could refinance our house to take care of the one payer problem.  A)  I hadn't realized that Nathan Fillion's undying love was an option, and B) I'm pretty sure Nathan could afford the mortgage on the house.

2 comments:

  1. Ah, yes....Nathan Fillion. NICE! How many more weeks 'til the Fall season of Castle????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too many, eArThworm. Too many.

    ReplyDelete