Wednesday, June 22, 2011

In which I continue obsessing

Oy.  Long day.  Ate lunch at the desk, didn't get out to Celebrate Work day, didn't even know it had rained.  JD made a delicious if ill tempered dinner, and then I drove out to meet Tara.  She had forgotten she was going to ride Pluto, but it didn't matter because he had gone temporarily insane.  And then I came home and did dishes.

Now getting ready for the Trail Dames Summit this weekend - packing and whatnot.  And trying to think not too hard about my MRI tomorrow morning.

In between other activities I'm trying to continue with planning for my trip to Maine.  Since I'm going to be gone this weekend and Mom Forinash is arriving next week, this includes getting all my camping gear off the guest bed, which I STILL haven't done.  And Mom, I'm sorry but when you and JD are off visiting Grandma Forinash, I'm going to have to go in there because I will still have to sort out some stuff that isn't going to get done before then.

I'm at least getting a grip on what I need to pack for food and maildrops.  I emailed White House Landing because I had heard a rumor that their place was up for sale.  But they say they are open for business this year and they'll have a burger waiting for me.  :)

I realize I'm the only person in the world, at this point, who cares anymore, but I'm still going to write up a gear list.

Gregory Jade 50 backpack
blaze orange pack cover  (if anybody shoots me, it will be on purpose)
Hello Kitty emblazoned hiking poles
fanny pack that Madeline gave me for snacks and stuff
Montbell 30 degree bag (maybe, maybe a different one)
Neoair sleeping pad
Lightheart Awning tent (with no awning pole for the 100 Mile Wilderness), plus stakes
Tyvek groundsheet
trowel
picaridin based bug juice
mesh head net
tiny swiss army knife
glasses in plastic case
cookset - teapot, alcohol stove, wind screen, lighter, wool mitten / pot grabber, long handled spoon, maybe a mug, denatured alcohol
steripen plus extra batteries or gravity filter
backup iodine
plastic scooping cup
platypus hoser 2 liter bag
nalgene or gatorade bottle, depending on steripen vs gravity filter
silnylon water bag
several bandanas / pieces of camping towel
closed side crocs
trash compactor bag pack liner
iphone, headphones, appropriately sized zipper bags
iphone external batteries
long sleeved shirt and long pants to wear, treated with permethrin
one of my pairs of trail runners, plus dirty girl gaiters
ball cap
buff
raincoat
rain skirt
maybe rainpants for mosquito protection
three pair wright socks, treated with permethrin
capilene 1 long sleeve, for in camp
my trusty plaid pajama bottoms, for in camp
wool socks, for in camp
powerstretch fleece top
my Rockdancer fleece hat
powerstretch fleece glove liners
synthetic insulated vest
rope plus rope bag for hanging food
a variety of stuffsacks, none of which are waterproof anymore
my trusty headlamp
sunscreen.  always sunscreen.
many ziplocks
some first aid stuff
small unbreakable mirror
maps
AWOL guide pages
toothbrush, toothpaste, floss, eyedrops, earplugs, biteguard
misc repair kit
some wet ones
my keeper
cash
ID
credit and health cards
no intention of being productive for a month
probably more stuff than will actually fit in the damn backpack

AND A LOT OF FOOD

No comments:

Post a Comment