Wednesday, June 29, 2011

A normal day on (or near) Pluto

Pluto seems to have gotten over his fright.  He was a fairly normal horse when I went out to see him today.  Fairly normal for him anyway.  He followed me around, shadowing my movements.  He begged for cookies.  He got sprayed with flyspray and complained about me putting the roll on spray on his face.  Normal Pluto stuff.

The bump he always has on his left side, right where the girth goes, was pretty big.  Of course, I don't intend to ride any time soon.  But there is no way I can put a girth over it.  I'm hoping it isn't a growth that needs to be removed, because I have no idea how you would bandage just behind the elbow.

I'm wiped out from trying to prepare all of our systems for penetration testing.  At this point I just want to get it over with.  I'm frazzled.  They'll get in, they'll find all of our vulnerabilities, they'll yell at us, and we'll have to kowtow and fix it.  Fine.  Whatever.  Just do it.

Today my back is being quiet and my right arm is going numb.  It's never dull over here in me-ville.  Makes me wonder what will happen tomorrow.  Blue nose?

1 comment:

  1. I have periodic problems with my fingers going numb, especially the littler fingers. It gets worse with a lot of mousing such as when I spend hours processing a big batch of photos in Lightroom. My chiro says the numbness comes from subluxations in the lower cervicals (e.g. C6) pressing on the nerves that go to my hands. It definitely is better after a good adjustment. Be sure to mention the numbness to your chiro! Also, try icing your neck and see if the numbness improves.

    For Pluto's bump: Most horse "bumps" on the body (not legs) that require surgery don't need bandaging. Usually the vet cuts the bump out with a foot-ball shaped cut, and then stitches the sides together and you just have a thin line that you put antibiotics on and clean daily.

    ReplyDelete