Friday, April 29, 2011

This post possibly approved by Dori. I can't be sure.

Man alive I'm tired tonight.  Why I gotta work for a living?

The state department returned my passport to me unchanged.  They lost my photos.  So today JD and I stopped and got more pictures taken, and I'm going to try it again.  Surely they want my money?  If it doesn't work this time I may just decide to stay here.  Machu Picchu can't be that great can it?  Or Stonehenge?  Nah..

I'm wearing my writing hat and the cat is giving me the funniest look.

At this point I can't imagine how I would do Run Amuck tomorrow if my back didn't hurt.  Since I'm currently in a brace and avoiding all things strenuous, it's a moot point.  But if I were running tomorrow I would be pretty worried at the moment.  That, or I'd be asleep.  We were going to get up at oh dark thirty to get there in time.  And that was before I found out my run was at 9:30, not 10.  Instead, tomorrow I hope to get mostly packed up for my trip next weekend.

I'm making a list (which, now that I think about it, I've left at work) of things I need to do or find or pack before I go.  It's getting to be quite the extensive list.  For instance, I needed to buy some more permethrin (check - ordered using my iphone browser today), spray my clothes with it, okay first wash my clothes and then spray them, and let them dry before I touch them.  The point of the permethrin is to bring unpleasant death to ticks and other biting things, preferably before they get their teensy little fangs into me.  Three times with Lyme is plenty, thanks.

I need to figure out my food for six days, as well.  It needs to be fairly compact food so I can actually fit it in my pack.  I normally have shorter sections than that.  Of course, I'll be doing the hundred mile wilderness in a few months so I guess this is good practice in overstuffing the backpack.  I can probably underpack a bit for the first few days because it always takes a while to get the appetite going.  I guess I have a fear of hunger (or hypoglycemia) because I *always* pack too much food.  Well, always except that one trip where I halved everything, including my bagel, and ended up eating some of DeLee's food.  Fortunately she packed too much.  :)

However at the moment that all seems like a lot of trouble to go to.  I'm going to go numb my brain with some TV.  Night all!

No comments:

Post a Comment