Thursday, April 14, 2011

A fabulous disguise for pointy hair

Today was fantastic.  If you haven't gone outside today, drop whatever you're doing.  Go outside, stand still, and take a deep breath.  Go on, I'll wait.


....

See?  Wasn't that nice?  Wasn't it worth it?  Isn't the moon up in the sky stunning?  And doesn't the air smell like the finest perfume?  It's definitely a grade A night around here.  I did something that I very, very seldom do, because it was so nice.
I opened the window on the top of the car while I was driving around.  Usually the wind and the noise bug me, but I was driving on back roads between work and yoga and home, and the air was warm and fragrant.  At low speeds I didn't get much wind or noise, and the air felt incredible on my skin.

Anyway, enough about how much my life rocks.  Not that I'm sure what else to talk about.  I'm not feeling very emo tonight.

Oh!  I can show you my new hat.  My office, such as it is, sits in the main thoroughfare of my house.  It is the opposite of private.  I've been having difficulty thinking and writing, sitting at my desk, because there was no obvious cue for JD that I was thinking as opposed to waiting to engage in conversation.  So I bought myself a nice big visual indicator.

I bought a writing hat!  Writing, wizardry, tomato, tomahto.  It's a big fat visual cue.  I told my boss about it and he thought I needed one for work, too.  So I've ordered another one.  A purple one.  When I work on the security plan I will be wearing a big effing purple wizard's hat, and that will be people's notice that they should not effing talk to me or I will effing turn them into a toad.

I'm sorry, security plans bring out the rough language in me.  Come see the violence in inherent in the sysadmin.

I will not be wearing my hat this weekend, though.  I'll be roughing it.  I'll have to write hatless.  Although the hat probably only weighs a couple of ounces (Actually 1.15.  I checked.) so it wouldn't be an unreasonable addition to my backpack.  And in the long distance hiker world, nothing says "backpacking trip" like weird clothing.  Nevertheless, I will leave my hat home to save weight, because the torrents of rain we expect on Saturday will probably add several pounds to my backpack, and probably several more to my boots and garments.  Yay!  Fun times.  Or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment