Wednesday, April 27, 2011

I'm sure this butt corset is going to be all the rage now

My day started abruptly at 6 am.  I heard a noise and opened my eyes to see a naked man in my bedroom.  Of course I asked him what he was doing there.  He said he was taking a sick day.  Ah.  I prepared to return to sleep, as my alarm wasn't set to go off until 7.

However, naked guy asked if I could drive up to the car dealership with him and then bring him home before I went to work.  I said "Sure, but I'm going back to sleep first."  Unfortunately, my brain started getting all mathy on me and I slowly realized that I didn't have time to sleep until 7, eat breakfast, get ready for work, drive to the car dealership, drive home, and then drive to the chiropractor's office by 8:30.  So I got up.

While I was downing my kibbles and bits (I like the kibbles better) my no longer naked husband came into the dining room and said that instead of driving back with me, he would get a ride to the metro.  Suddenly all the urgency left my morning.  I was up nearly an hour early, and I had some leisure.  So, I ate a banana.  As one does.

I also no longer needed to drive him up there after work, so my day suddenly looked a lot less stressful.  It was a topsy turvy twenty minutes.

I meandered out the door and drove to the chiropractor's office.  My back had ramped up the pain overnight.  I'm pretty sure it's just my "mild degenerative disk disease" because I haven't done anything to make it worse.  Right now, per my doc, I'm not to ride, do yoga, or basically have any fun.  I'm allowed to do a little gentle walking.  I'm wearing a super sexy sacroiliac brace to try to stabilize my lower back:

Are you stunned by my fashion sense?

Or the fact that I'm willing to take pictures in the women's bathroom?
It also works well to hold an icepack on my back.

There turned out to be "tornadic thunderstorms" directly over the horse farm tonight, so I guess the riding wasn't happening anyway.  I hope all the horses are okay.  And Liza.  She lives right near there.

So, tomorrow no yoga.  Saturday no Run Amuck.  I suddenly have oodles of time to get ready for my backpacking trip, assuming I don't waste it all surfing the web and blogging.  Note how I'm just assuming there will be a backpacking trip.  I think this is a sound assumption, based on the fact that strapping on my backpack is very much like wearing a full torso brace.  I may not be able to get up and down from the ground, but by golly I can carry a backpack.

Now I'm going to go spiff up the Wintec and get it ready to go out the door, because the auction FINALLY ENDED and could I be happier to see that giant box leave the sunroom?  Unfortunately it will be replaced by another giant box, but that should be leaving sometime next week and then we will have only medium and small size boxes taking up all the available room.  Which is an improvement I guess.

JD thinks I'm going to have to get another saddle, because I'll be down to one, and I'm keeping it at the barn.  So we are now short one saddle in the bedroom.  However I will also be taking the bedroom's saddle rack to the barn and now I have no idea I will hang my pajamas.

2 comments:

  1. OOOOOkay....I'm nominating you for model of the year. You're just so fetching in that brace. (Fetching what, exactly, I'm not sure.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fetching strange looks, mostly.

    ReplyDelete