Tuesday, March 1, 2011

I hope I'm not Neo. I look terrible in an egg.

Pretty much everybody was more happy, healthy, and energetic today than they were yesterday.  Rainy days always seem to lead to lackluster lives and performance.  It's like somebody sucks the life out of the populace.  Even the dog was kind of lethargic.

As I pondered this today, it occurred to me that rainy days support the Matrix theory.  If there is an event that causes all of us to feel low energy, as if something were sapping our energy.. maybe something is!  Until you try the red pill (or was it the blue?) you'll never know if you're dreaming in a pod or not.  The Matrix might pull more energy out of us just to keep itself going under the drain of evaporative cooling.

Personally, I have always thought that I am solar powered.  I don't have chlorophyll (or at least I'm not green, which seems to indicate same) but I definitely get peppy under the influence of the sun.  I'm sure some day some bright scientist will come up with a chemical reaction equation explaining how it works.

In less whackjob territory, I went to the gym this evening and finally got a decent workout.  I've been ramping up slowly to avoid the crazy muscle soreness I generally get at the beginning.  It's been working, too.  I upped the weight on pretty much everything today, and worked until my muscles quivered.  And then I breathed, and did it again.  I am ashamed to tell you how few pushups I could do.  Suffice to say "not enough".  But I borrowed the gym's end table and used it to do big stepups.  It's the best thing I've found so far for emulating the big rocks I encounter on the trail.  My legs totally felt it, too.

Assuming I don't blow out a joint, tear a muscle, or get Lyme Disease again, I may actually get fit!

No comments:

Post a Comment